MAY we honor the Solar Plexas Chakra
Third Chakra | Radiate Your Power in the World
Listen to Singing Bowls to Open The Solar Plexas Chakra
Clear your Solar Plexas Chakra with treatments and special oils and stones…
Member Specials: 25% off | Guest Special: 10% off
A Custom 90-minute Hot Stone Massage
Chakra Key Elements
- Location: In the solar plexus area (upper part of the belly, where your diaphragm rests); it is the third chakra from the bottom in the traditional system counting 7 chakras
- Color: Yellow (higher frequencies of this chakra can turn into golden yellow)
- Symbol: A circle with 10 petals in which is inscribed a downward-pointing triangle
- Original name in Sanskrit: Manipura
- Element: Fire
When the Solar Plexus chakra is open and the energy in this center is balanced, these functions naturally find a clear and effortless outlet. However, in case the flow of energy is disturbed, whether because the Manipura chakra is overactive or blocked, symptoms may range from energetic and emotional to physical.
Chakra Element: Fire
The Manipura chakra is traditionally related to the element of fire, though some contemporary healing movements connect it to the element of air. It has a connection with the sun, heat, the energy of light, all forms of power.
Chakra Color: Yellow
The Solar Plexus chakra is most commonly represented with the color yellow. Since it’s associated with the element of fire, it is also sometimes depicted with yellowish red.
Chakra Location: Solar Plexus
The most commonly accepted location for the third chakra is at the solar plexus level, between the navel and the lower part of the chest. That’s why it’s often referred to as the “solar plexus chakra.” Some traditions place it more loosely in the navel area.
Closely connected to the digestive system, especially the gastric and hypogastric plexi, its main function is to help transform matter into energy to fuel your body. It governs metabolism and is commonly associated with the pancreas.
The main elements of the Solar Plexus chakra symbol [LINK] are:
- A circle with ten petals
- An downward-pointing triangle
The inverted triangle represents the fire element and the transformative power of this energy center. Fire turns matter into energy that can be used to propel, move forward. The ten petals are often represented with the color blue, like the blue color of the flame.
The most common Sanskrit name for the Solar Plexus chakra is “Manipura”, which means “city of jewels” or “seat of gems”.
What the Solar Plexus chakra is known for
The Solar Plexus chakra is associated with the following psychological and behavioral functions:
- Expression of will
- Intellectual abilities
- The “accounting mind” that categorizes everything, assesses the pluses and minuses in life
- Personal power
- Ability to establish ideas and plans into reality
- At higher levels, it conveys wisdom
The main function of this energy center is to provide actual momentum to move forward and realize personal desires and intentions in the world. It plays a fundamental role in the development of personal power. It feeds one’s direction in life and the actions taken in order to reach your goals. It influences preoccupations about social status and self-image.
Signs your Solar Plexus chakra may be out of balance
- Excessive control and authority over your environment and people
- Or the opposite in case of deficiency or blocked energy: Feeling of helplessness, irresponsibility
- Being obsessed with minute details, seeing life through a filter of plus and minuses while losing sight of the whole picture
- Being manipulative
- Misusing your power
- Lack of clear direction, lack of purpose or ambition
- Making plans or having a lot of ideas without finding efficient ways to realize them