The heat from Finnish Sauna is more intense causing the body to perspire almost immediately. At Thermae, it is our pleasure to offer traditional “aufugss” (infusion) of oils onto the hot stones in the Finnish Sauna. The sauna fills with steam and scents like eucalyptus, birch, and fresh orange leaving your body feeling awake and refreshed. If you are feeling a bit congested, we can apply more specific oils that have been shown to help clear breathing passageways and assist with the immune system. From sauna we always go to a cool/cold shower. This hot-cold therapy is wonderful to boost your immune system, strengthen blood vessels and calm muscle pain. At Thermae Boardman we have a cold bucket plunge – come and experience pouring ice cold water over your body after sweating in the sauna. It’s an amazing feeling. At our Delray Beach location the showers are inside a mango tree and in Ft. Lauderdale the showers are located both indoor and outdoor.
Some of the most common benefits of Finnish Saunas are:
- Improved Blood Circulation
- Finnish Saunas will help to increase the rate of blood circulation in the body
- Weight Loss
- Similar to mild exercise, Finnish Sauna treatments can burn about 300 calories per session
- Skin Cleansing
- The sauna induced sweat mixed with a cold shower in between will cleanse skin and leave you with immediate noticeable effects
- Body Relaxation
- The heat and humidity of Finnish Saunas will help to alleviate pain in your body and relax your tired muscles.
Memberships start at $99 and $109 unlimited monthly and include the Hot Stone Finnish and Infrared Saunas, Meditation Room and Outdoor Garden area.